JUDICIAL SERVICE EXAMINATION
- Preliminary Examination (Objective Type)
- Written Main Examination (Subjective Type)
- Viva-Voce (Personal Interview)
Exam Pattern: The Exam Pattern will be as follows:
Online Preliminary Examination
(No. of Question -100, Time – 2:00 Hour, Marks – 100)
The Online Preliminary Examination shall be of the duration of two hours consisting of 100 objective type questions from the following:-
- Indian Penal Code
- Code of Civil Procedure
- Code of Criminal Procedure
- Indian Evidence Act
- Constitution of India
- Transfer of Property Act
- Contract Act
- Limitation Act
- The Chhattisgarh Rent Control Act, 2011
- Court Fees Act
- Specific Relief Act
- Registration Act
- Chhattisgarh Land Revenue Code
- The Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881
- The Chhattisgarh Excise Act, 1915
(Written) (Time – 3:00 Hour, Marks -100)
For Main Examination, the relatively more meritorious candidates from among those who appeared in the Preliminary Examination in the ratio of 1:10 having regard to the number of vacancies shall be called for Main Examination (Written) to be con ducted which shall consist of:
- Framing of issues and writing of Judgement in Civil Cases (Maximum Marks – 40)
- Framing of charges and writing of Judgement in Criminal Cases (Maximum Marks – 40)
- Translation:- (1) English to Hindi- (Maximum 10 marks)
(2) Hindi to English- (Maximum 10 marks)
Relatively more meritorious candidates from among those who appeared in the Main Examination in the ratio of 1:3 having regard to the number of vacancies, shall be called for viva-voce to be conducted. The maximum marks for Viva-voce would be 15.
A candidate belonging to unreserved category has to secure minimum 33% marks in the viva-voce and those belonging to Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes/Other Backward Classes shall be required to secure minimum 25% marks in the viva-voce.
ELIGIBILITY OF CHHATTISGARH JUDICIAL SERVICE EXAMINATION
- Applicant must be a citizen of India.
- Candidate must have acquired a bachelor degree in law from a recognized institute or university.
- The age of the candidates must be 21 to 35 years.